Why You’re not Getting Enough Clicks on Google AdSense
Google Adsense delivers content related ads on your website and you will be rewarded 68% of revenue share for delivering each traffic to the advertisers (who advertise using the Google AdWords) websites. Many webmasters are earning six figure income from Google Adsense each month for that.
You can also earn a big amount of money from Adsense but first of all you need to have a lot of traffic on your website. On average- only 2 to 3 people out of hundred clicks on ads. That means average CTR (Click-Through-Rate) is 2% to 3%.
Now, if your CTR is less than 2% then you really need to worried about that. Here the top reasons- why you’re not getting enough clicks on Google Adsense and its solutions.
1. Bad Ad Placement: Your ads may not appear in a perfect place of your website where your visitors are mostly engaging. Ad placement is also a major part of make money from Adsense! Google also encourage to do an experiment with ad placement.
- Solution: Place ads where your users are mostly engaging (like- Header, top of the sidebar, below content, into the content, etc.)
2. Not Using Recommended Ad Units: All the Adsense units will not perform well for your website. Quality advertisers are using only standard ad size to display their advertisements. And, standard ads will give you more clicks.
- Solution:You should use only the most successful ad units which delvers maximum number of quality and relevant ads. The recommended ad unites are- 336×280, 300×250, 728×90 and 160×600.
3. No Relevant Ads Are Showing: Although Google Adsense is a contextual advertising system, sometimes it may not deliver relevant ads. It’s because of the difference between your site topic and content topic. Irrelevant custom channel descriptions may also effect Adsense ad serving.
- Solution: If you’re using targeted custom channels, then make sure that you’ve described your custom channels relevantly. And, don’t confuse Adsense by putting a variety of topics in a single page or website. Read- Two Steps Far from Maximize Your AdSense Revenue
4. Website is not Optimized For All Devices: Today one third (1/3) of the total internet users are surfing the internet from mobile and tablet devices. So, if your website is not optimized for all types of devices then you will not get enough clicks on Adsense ads.
- Solution: Use responsive web designing to display your website in all devices perfectly. Adsense has also responsive ad units which will fit perfectly in all devices.
5. Site Contents are Not so Useful: If your site content is not useful then users will leave your site just after reading a few lines. So, here is no chance to get any clicks on Adsense.
- Solution: Create useful contents to engage your readers in your website. It’ll increase the chance of clicking on ads. Read- The Ideal Content Structure for Today’s Content Marketing
6. Lack of Organic Traffic: If you don’t have enough (majority) organic traffic then you’ll probably not get enough clicks on contextual ads like Google Adsense. Because, organic traffics are looking for some particular things on your website and Adsense will display relevant ads based on their search queries. So, organic traffics has the power of business conversion.
- Solution: Create keyword based contents to attract visitors from search engines. Read- How to Know- What types of Traffic is Best for Your AdSense Revenue
7. Lack of new visitors: If your website has a majority of returning visitors then you’ll never get enough clicks on Adsense ads. Because, they’re well familiar with your website and your advertisements.
- Solution: Apply more effort on your site promotion and create keyword based contents.
8. Website is slow: If your website takes much time to load, then users will leave your site without reading or doing anything.
- Solution: Analyze your page speed using Google page Analyzer to determine your page speed. You can also fix errors also using this tools.
9. Many other ads along with Adsense: If you’re displaying other ads like- Affiliate ads, Paid Banners then your Adsense ads will probably receive less clicks.
- Solution: If not necessary then don’t place other ads along with Adsense in a single page.
10. Not enough traffic: Finally, if you don’t have enough traffic then you’ll never get much clicks on Adsense ads. To get a decent click you should have a minimum of 500 to 1000 unique visitors each day.
- Solution: Promote your site; create useful contents to get traffic to your site. Read- Content marketing Tips for Different Social Media Sites
© copyright 2018 – All rights reserved